PROF. MATHEW AITCHISON ARTICLE ‘JOINING THE DOTS’ ON BUILDING INDUSTRY INNOVATION
We need a coherent national plan for innovation in the building industry to meet current and future challenges.READ HERE
BUILDING 4.0 CRC SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
We’re excited to announce that Building 4.0 CRC have one more PhD scholarship available!
The remaining PhD scholarship is for 1 full time student, with Department of Management, Monash Business School, Monash University.
The student’s PhD research proposal must align with CRC objectives, focusing on the topic of
“Strategies and Practices for Embedding Circular Procurement in the Construction/Built Environment”
Please review the 41 B4.0CRC Research Themes to gain a more detailed insight into topics of specialisation that may align to your research proposal..
Our PhD scholarships are a unique opportunity to work within a leading initiative aiming to transform the building and construction industry.
The CRC is an Equal Opportunity organisation, that prioritises diversity, equity and inclusion.
- This Full scholarship will provide funding of up to $40,000 per annum. Term of stipend is 3 years, with the option of a 6-month extension (on application and subject to university approval).
- Successful candidates will be required to participate in B4.0CRC research projects with a minimum FTE of 0.6 for Full scholarship recipients.
- The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to apply for discretionary funds of
$5,000-10,000 per annum for travel, conferences, materials, equipment, software, hardware, courses, thesis printing (2 copies), and other related expenditure (on application and subject to CRC approval).
- The CRC may fund some relocation costs for non-local students, however this will be deducted from any potential discretionary funds for the first year of candidature.
- Due to current difficulties in obtaining visas to study in Australia, and the timeline of the CRC, the CRC will only be accepting applicants who currently hold permanent resident status or visas.
- Students must be fully enrolled and be ready to begin their PhD studies in Melbourne by early 2024
The application process requires the following to occur:
- Step 1: Read through the PhD Scholarship Information Kit to make sure applicants meet the eligibility criteria and agree to scholarship requirements.
- Step 2: Consider how applicants potential research can expand upon our existing projects and relate to our existing partners. Applicants can also peruse existing research topics by current PhD students on the website to identify gaps in current research areas.
- Step 3: Contact Professor Amrik Sohal at Monash University, to discuss your proposal, and potential supervision of your thesis. With the supervisor’s support, applicants should develop a research proposal that is aligned with B40CRC research activities, partner requirements, and key subject areas as listed above.
- Step 4: If the applicant is not currently enrolled at Monash, then, together with their supervisor, they will need to coordinate an application for candidature. Proof of a successful EOI/invitation to apply will be required for applicants to submit their B40CRC PhD scholarship application.
- Step 5: Provide evidence of support from their potential supervisor/s. If the applicant has been enrolled or has a successful EOI, they will then be able to apply for a B40CRC PhD Scholarship.
- Step 6: Apply for the scholarship using the PhD Scholarship Information Kit. Make sure you read and understand all parts of the kit. Note the completed application form must be included with the applicant’s submission.
Closing date for applications is Monday October 30th 2023 at 5pm.
ABOUT BUILDING 4.0 CRC EDUCATION & TRAINING
The building sector is the largest employer of Australians with more than 1.4 million jobs, and the training of 50,000 apprentices each year*, and is of vital importance to the nation’s social and economic prosperity.
Our Education & Training strategy addresses current skill shortages, demographic change from a retiring workforce, and new skills demanded by this digital age, preparing for and leading sector-wide change.
Our industry-led programs will forge strong partnerships between VET, universities and industry partners, delivering the next generation of highly-skilled and innovative building professionals and transforming the culture of construction together.
What education & training opportunities will Building 4.0 CRC deliver?
The CRC will deliver: